Monday, June 21, 2010

Bond, James Bond

Hello everyone! How are you? I'm doing great. The weather cooled down a little bit this week - it has been raining at night and getting sunny and hot during the day, so that has been nice. This week seemed like a hectic one, even though at the end it didn't really seem like anything got done. But oh well, some fun things happened.

I have to tell you this story because it is the best find ever in the time of doing missionary work...Dad, I know where James Bond lives. He lives on Strada Stefan Cel Mare (The Big Steven Street) in Sector 1 here in Bucuresti. For real, I saw his door. Sora Gogu and I were bloc knocking and we came down the stairs and there was a large closet in front of this door and we were like what the heck is this thing here for? And then we were able to see the front of the door and I was dying, I couldn't believe how the owner of the door had decided to declare that they were Apartment number 7 - or should I say 007? We took pictures and I'm sending them to you, because they are amazing. Anyways, I thought that you would enjoy that.



We had a talent show for all of Bucuresti which was extremely unorganized, but it turned out ok in the end. When I say ok, I mean that a lot of the individual acts didn't go the way they should have (ours included) but that it was still fun and the general public really enjoyed everything so I will go ahead and call it a success.

It was kinda funny because President Doru from the district presidency asked if Elder Lyon and I would do something so we started trying to figure out what we would do for Saturday. On Wednesday I think it was I got a call from some of the missionaries on the East side of Buc and they asked me what they were doing for the thing on Saturday. "What do you mean what are we doing?" "Well, we were told that you are in charge of the number that all of the missionaries in Buc are doing, so what is it?" ......uh, I'll get back to you on that. So then I had the wonderful assignment of trying to figure out what a group of 19 people can do and put together in 3 days.

So Elder Lyon and I changed the song that we were doing and decided that the rest of the missionaries could just make the theatrical part of the song. And luckily we had Adrian to help us out with getting the music and putting it together. We sang a song from the musical "Wicked" called "Dancing through Life." But we didn't sing the whole thing, just a good part of it until it made sense to stop. And it was really funny because if you don't know the song, it talks about how stressing about school is dumb, you should just not care about anything, sluff off whatever you can, be happy, and dance through life so that you can enjoy it. Well, we changed a couple of the words to be about missionary work instead of about school, and it turned out great. We even got President Lundberg into it at the beginning, all the missionaries were sitting and studying their scriptures and such and President Lundberg told them "Like I've said so many times this year, we need to be very very obedient in order for us to achieve the miracle of having 200 baptisms this year, and without strict obedience, we can not obtain this miracle...hold on." And he had to take a phone call and walked away, and Elder Lyon became Mr. Diva and sang his heart out about how we shouldn't stress about rules, but just have fun. And he went and closed the missionaries scriptures and things to try and get them to lighten up - he even loosed his tie and undid the top button *gasp!* hehe. It was great.

Unfortunately the sound people kinda ignored us and so it was really hard to hear Adrian's guitar, and the piano was way out of tune even though they swear that they tuned it two weeks ago, but that's ok. It was fun, and it got a good laugh out of the people that could understand English.

But oh my goodness, there was this little old lady that could just not stop herself from being on the stage. If there was any song played that had some type of a good beat, you bet your boots that she was up there in front of everyone dancing her little heart out with no reservation. And she had to be at least 75 years old, but I would give her 82 if I had to guess. And she just danced all night long - it was so funny. But I love Romania and how any get together can easily become a dance party, and it definitely became a dance party for the last half hour. Good times!



Other than that, we are praying to find new investigators and praying our hearts out that Ionela will pray to know if this is the truth or not. You can not come to a knowledge about spiritual things with out praying and asking God. It just doesn't work. And the reason why it works when we pray is because God loves us so so very much. He wants so much for us to know what He knows, to come to Him so that we can find the eternal happiness that He has. He doesn't want us to be confused, and if He is God, and and God is all-knowing and all-powerful, then why would He not have the knowledge that we are asking for, and the power to give it to us in a way that is personal and powerful to us individually? The answer is that He does, and He is just waiting for us to do our part. He tells us "ask and ye shall receive, seek, and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you." This is an amazing promise, and I know that God keeps His promises.
So I know that if Ionela (or any one of you) will just go to your Father in Heaven who loves you, He will tell you what to do. The time will come, and all will be well, and there will be much rejoicing in heaven and on earth among the children of God.
I love you all so so very much, and I'll talk to you all again next week. Good luck with all of your comings and goings, and don't forget to have fun!
I love you, Always, --Sora Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment