Thursday, February 19, 2009

week 3/4 at the MTC

Hello everyone! I am learning more of the language every day. It is way hard, but fun and enjoyable as I keep working on it. I am getting better at teaching each time I try it, and I am always amazed and grateful for the Spirit that is ever more present with me each day as I strive to be a better servant to the Lord.

Tuesday devotional was with Elder M. Russell Ballard. It was so cool, and he talked about a lot of really good things. He said that we should never pass up an opportunity to bear our testimonies, and how important it is to internalize the message of the Restoration of the Gospel in us so that we can teach it in any circumstance to any one at any time, and that they will be able to know we believe it because we know we believe it.

He also talked a ton on how crucial it is to have a positive attitude when you serve the Lord. We must go forth as engaged crusaders for the Lord and let the light and joy of the gospel show in the example of our face, our spirit, our attitudes and our actions. Humility gives us the power to have this attitude as we increase our capacity to believe. As we continue to become true servants of Him in our desires, increased testimonies and ceaseless actions, we will find joy in that service. I have already found this to be true, and I am so grateful for it. Sometimes I feel a little behind and I don't know how to catch up, but I know a lot of it is just that I want to know more, and Satan doesn't like how happy I am each day :D But I am doing good. The lord is on my side, and I am working harder each day to be on His.

The Temple this morning was amazing, and I love it all so much.

I have now memorized my purpose as a missionary in Romanian (pg 1 of PMG) and also "I am a Child of God" and I'm starting to learn "Called to Serve". It's so much fun and so rewarding to study the gospel so much each day. I love studying the scriptures, and learning more and more about how much God loves His children. I know He loves us and I know that I am here because He has called me here.

I hope you are well and happy and that you are also able to experience the joy of sharing the testimony of truth with others. There is so much joy in the service of God and I know it.

I love you all so very much, and I'll write next week!

Love always, --Sora Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment