Monday, July 27, 2009

6 month mark

Hey everyone!

I had a pretty amazing week...it was really fun. We had Zone Conference which is always a good thing, and I learned a lot about what I can do to do better than I'm doing right now. So Sora Jones and I are trying to learn how to do a few things different and it's been fun.

Some fun experiences from this week - we got 3 new investigators in one lesson, Elizabeta and Stefan and their son Catalin. Catalin has had a baptismal date 2 times, but both times he fell off the map during his school for his Ph.D. And Elizabeta has come to church many many times, so we finally got to talk to her and asked if she wanted to take the lessons again. Before this, her husband was against the church, but this time he sat in our first lesson with us and complimented the church up and down. "You teach out of what you believe in the Book of Mormon. You teach respect, you teach to not smoke or drink, you teach that families are important, and then you live it, too!" He thought that was the coolest thing, and it is (lol). But the funny thing is that he doesn't yet have a desire to come to church. He says he'll listen to us, but "I'll just send my ambassador (aka wife) over to your church, she'll tell me what you said to do there, and I'll do it!" Well, we'll work on that, but let me testify that when you teach someone true principles, if their heart is open, their desire to do the right thing will grow, and they'll start to want to do it. Anyways, that was fun.

Another fun thing was we went to a member's house, Sora Matei. And while we were there she needed help cleaning, and the way they clean here is so weird, but it works for them. And instead of using vacuums, they take their rug outside, hang it over a bar, and beat it. So Sora Jones and I got to take turns beating her rugs, and it was really fun! Oh, and I also got the package you sent - thanks! I love the pictures, and it will add color to our new apartment when we move there.

Oh and another thing...On Saturday we had a baptism! It was Violeta who had been taught by Elder Herrick and Elder Lyon, and it was really good. Her mom is a little crazy and wants to burn our church down because "you took my grandson away from me" who is Violeta's very cute son, but Violeta is 26 so I think it's ok, and we're not too worried about her mom. But the baptism was so good - we had 6 investigators and 5 less active members there, and the Spirit was sooooooo strong. And Violeta couldn't stop smiling, she was just so happy. It was awesome.

Other than that, not too much is going on other than the fact that I'm working, and it's really hot out here right now, and tomorrow is my 6th month mark! Crazy stuff - I can't believe that I've already been a missionary for 6 months!!! But it has been an amazing 6 months. I love it.

This gospel is true, and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else in the world right now...although going to the Temple with Cherisse this week is EXTREMELY tempting, but it will be ok. Her and Alley going to the Temple together is furthering the work of the Lord, and it is an example of what I have been teaching the people here in Romania about the gospel.

My companion and I have been working on getting the Young Women's program more organized here because it was just a social hour, and now it is a temple preparation learning area. We are taking each month and teaching the values of the YW and the last week of each month is us teaching how that value relates to the Temple and how it will help them prepare to go there eventually. It is really neat how everything in the gospel is centered on the Atonement and points to the Temple which is centered on the Atonement, and it truly is amazing. It is true.

I hope that all goes well this week - I am there in Spirit and love, and I am praying for all of you always. I love you so so very much. Good luck, have fun, do good, be happy, and may the blessings of God be upon you!

Love Always, --Sora Karina

ps.Sora Thompson - Ma bucur foarte mult pentru tine! Yay! Acea poza cu tine si Eric a fost foarte draguti si ma bucur ca sfaturile mele a mers pentru voi ;} Dar eu sunt foarte bine aici in Brasov si aceasta lucrare merge mai departe intotdeauna. Sora Jones a zis "buna si te iubesc!" Si zic eu de asemenea ca mie dor de tine, si astept acea zi cand pot sa fac cunostinta cu Eric si o sa fie foarte distractiv. Pana atunci, slujesc cu toata inima mea, si ma rog pentru voi. Sper ca totul mai este foarte bine si ca va distrati impreuna. Ai o zi frumoasa si mai vorbim! Cu drag intotdeauna, Sora Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment