Monday, August 3, 2009

WOW

Hello Everyone!

This week has brought a lot of changes. First of all, MY SISTER, CHERISSE, IS MARRIED!!!!! That is so crazy for me to think about. Not only is she no longer in Colorado or living at home, but her name is even different, and I kind of keep having little "holy cow" moments when I realize the differences that are happening. But I'm so excited for her and Alley--you were wondering if I was sad that I couldn't be there, and kind of yeah. It would have been AMAZING to be there in the temple with her and all of you, but at the same time, if I weren't here then I wouldn't have even been able to be in the temple at all, and instead I had a blast telling EVERYONE about her wedding and how she was getting married in the temple and how that was so important and so on. I was planning on singing "la multi ani" with my English class, but then I forgot and I was SO mad, but it's ok. I've promised to show them the pictures of her wedding when I get them (which I won't know for another 2 weeks when zone conference is, just send it and I'll get it) and they are all pretty excited about that. So conclusion: I had fun celebrating her wedding here in my own way with everyone around me whether they wanted to celebrate it or not ;} But it was fun, and i can't wait to hear all the details, and am so happy that it was all perfect.

Cherisse sent me a mini email telling me that she was at the airport on her way to Mexico and that the whole day was perfect! I am so glad. Ok, but enough of wedding talk, as for the mission we had a few changes here too.

Usually we get transfer calls on Saturday and then go to Bucuresti to find out where we're going but we're not doing that anymore. President Lundberg announced that we are never getting transfer calls ever again. Instead we had to wait til today and receive the transfer board by email. (Yes, Sora Thompson, I know it's crazy!) But that's what is happening now, and so we each have our individual travel arrangements which is really weird and I'm still trying to figure out how it all works, but that's ok...it's all gonna work out somehow. So to keep the suspense, or actually to kill it, I am staying here in Brasov and my companion is leaving to go to Arad! She'll be serving with Sora Slaeman who is one of the girls from my MTC group. I'm really excited. I'm kinda nervous because I still have the hardest time with the bus system here which is the only way to get around, and we'll probably get lost quite a few times in the next week or so, but it's ok. Sora Campbell will be getting here Wednesday morning so you'll hear more about her next week.

As for the work, the work is going. This has been the best week for the work this transfer, and I have had so much fun. But the work is continuing and the gospel is amazing. Families are so important in this gospel, in the whole plan that God has for us. And it is amazing the love that we feel from Heavenly Father in every single day.

But I need to run...we just found out we need to meet a less active with a wheel chair in an hour. But I love you lots and lots and lots, and I can't wait to hear from you next week!

Love always,--Sora Karina

1 comment:

  1. She sounds so very happy!!! What wonderful blessings come as she serves faithfully.

    ReplyDelete