Monday, August 17, 2009

Talents galore

Hello family and everyone! How are you all doing? I am doing pretty good.

I don't really have too much to write about today...we finally finished moving and it was super annoying because the move and all the other necessary things that we had to do for it got in the way of doing productive missionary work, but it's ok I guess. We finished, we are now settled in our new place and it's nice cuz it is super close to the church, some of the members that we work with a lot, and lots of other important places (like a huge piata and centru). So that was good.

Another fun thing was the talent night that we had. About a month or so ago there was a huge talent production that was put on by some members in Bucuresti and it was apparently amazing. Well, they asked if they could come and do it up here in Brasov, so we planned for it to happen on this past Saturday. And Friday night they called and they canceled! Not cool. But we had invited a bunch of people and we didn't know what to do, but we did not want to just cancel and say "sorry, come back another time" so my District Leader Elder Herrick decided that we should still try to have an activity and he put myself and my companion in charge. Thanks...

It was on the day that we had to finish closing our other apartment, and lots of other stuff was going on, too, and it was crazy. So we got to the phones and came up with a talent show ourselves using all the missionaries and some of the branch members. It was hilarious. It actually turned out not too bad though. Not as good as the professional show everyone was expecting, but it was better than nothing, and the Lord definitely helped us out with it not falling through.

It's kinda funny how as missionaries you need to be ready to pick up anything that might fall through. Like Sunday how the teacher for Young Womens decided to not do it anymore and didn't call anyone, and so my companion and I gave an unplanned lesson on divine nature based off the story of Moses and how he saw God who taught him who he was, that he had a work to do, and then after God left, Satan came and said "son of man, worship me" and because Moses knew his divine nature and that he was a son of God in His image, he said "who are you that I should worship you, for I am a son of God." It was a good lesson and the Spirit really helped us a lot, and I think that it was a really good lesson for the girls that were there. Two less-active young women were there, Raluca (15) and Simona (16) so it was really neat.

Other than that, I can't believe that we are already in the middle of August, it is really hot and humid here right now, the leaves are starting to fall (crazy!!!) and the work is going forth. This past week there were 5 baptisms that happened and 2 others planned for Sunday (I haven't heard yet if they went through) throughout the mission. THAT'S SO COOL! I love this gospel so much and I know that it is truly the only way to find happiness that will last us through this life, carry us through any difficulties, and bring everlasting joy in the eternities.

Hey Mom, can you please email me the address for Cherisse and Alley, the Gatrells, and Monty Nuss Photography Studio? Thanks, that would be great. And as for my birthday and things that I need, not really anything. Stuff that I want - american food! stuff like Kool-Aid packets, fruit snacks, marshmallows, gramm crackers, smarties, starbursts, skittles, lemonaid packets, just don't exist here in Romania. You don't need to buy me all of that stuff--I don't know what I would do with ALL of it, but it's just a general idea. As for clothes and supplies, I think I'm still good with all of it. A tape to hear you guys and what life is like would be fun and maybe Tamara playing the violin, ( and just to be thinking ahead, I love my conference tapes, and it would be awesome to have those again!) and Oh, I thought of something. Pens. Romanian pens are awful here, and you know how much I love to write! some more blank cards or sticky notes would be fun too. And of course wedding pictures. (my English class is patiently anticipating all of the pictures too lol). Anyways, I think that's good. Just whatever you want to stuff in a package sounds good to me. Yup.

Oh, and those pictures you sent me are soooo cute! Everyone looked gorgeous at her wedding, and I can not believe how big Tamara is getting!!! Wow. Yup. But I am doing really good, and I love you all so so very much! Talk to you next week!Always, --Sora Karina Ps. Sora

Thompson....LA MULTI ANI! ~in the tune you know so very well~ La multi ani cu sanatate sa iti dea Domnul tot ce doresti; zile senine si fericire la multi an sa traiesti! Multi ani traiasca, multi ani traiasca, La Multi Ani. Cine sa traiasca, cine sa traiasca, La Multi Ani. Jebs sa traiasca, Jebs sa traiasca, LA MULTI ANI!!! He he. Stiu ca este un pic tarziu, dar am crezut ca astazi este mai aproape decat celalta Luni. Dar sper ca a fost o zi minunata si ca ai avut un blast! Felicitar, Dumnezeu sa fie cu tine, si spune-ma toate poveste despre cum a mers si cum merge viata ta acuma. Succes cu tot, mai ales prietenul tau si scoala (cred ca esti aproape la inceputul) si ai o zi frumoasa. Te iubesc ca deobicei. Cu mult drag, Sora Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment