Monday, November 23, 2009

lighthouses and fog

Dear everyone,

How are you?

I'm doing just wonderful, and I hope that it is the same back home. The only difference is that you have snow, and I don't. That actually makes me kinda sad because I miss the snow. Every morning I wake up and look outside and it's all foggy the way it gets in Colorado right before or after a snow storm during the night, and I get excited, and then I get up and there is nothing on the ground except slightly moist dirt. Grrrr. But it's ok. The fog always lifts by about 10 am and then I don't miss the snow as much, but I still wish it would snow. It's just harder near the sea, but not unheard of. And there's still time.

Anyways, this week was a good one, just filled with a bunch of work and good times. There's not too much to tell you...Ion is progressing and hasn't accepted a baptismal date yet, but I have no doubt that he'll get there eventually. However, someone the Elders are teaching has decided to be baptised. I'm hoping that Ion will come to it cuz it would help him so much to be able to see what it's like, and I know he will feel what the Spirit is like. There is something about a baptism that just helps us to remember and know why this is true and right, and why we would want to be a part of this.

Also, we have another investigator who is the friend of a member, and she is loving the Book of Mormon as she reads it...and who wouldn't, I mean come on. I love that book, and I always just get so excited when others find out why it's so important to read it daily. Cuz when they do they feel the Spirit and love of God more fully, and they learn about their place in God's plan. That knowledge means everything. It's wonderful.

I think the miracle of the week was that we had 19 Romanians at church! That included our 2 investigators, the Elder's investigator, and a member's mother who isn't a member and is visiting for the holidays. It was really exciting, and the meeting was very spirit filled. That's what happens when anyone testifies of the Restoration of this church, Joseph Smith's first vision, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Those things invite the Spirit so powerfully because they are the root and foundation of all truth. It is amazing. Actually, the amazing thing about it is that we can all know for ourselves this truth, and if it in fact is truth or not. We can know from the source of all goodness and truth, the One who knows all things. He wants us to know because He wants us to be happy, and it is through the knowledge of these things that give us the ability to act upon the things that will eventually lead to our happiness now in this life and the fullness of joy that will last for the eternities. And right now is a part of the eternities. He wants these things for us because He loves us. He is God, the Father of us all. And He sent us His Son, Jesus Christ to make posible these things to happen and for us to receive so much more that we can't even comprehend. But He promises that it is possible, and I believe Him. I know that these things are real and they are the beautiful facts that make life worth it.

God has a plan for each of us individually and it is a plan that will give us joy and lead to our exaltation if we would do our part. He has given us everything, let us take it and walk in His ways, for His paths are easy and His burden light. This is what He wants for us. How great it is to know of the love of our God, and if we don't know it, we can find out, for it is there to find always regardless of time or circumstance, past or present. He is there. I know He is. It is made apparent to me in every day when I go out pleading for His help to tell His children these truths, and this work goes forth only because His hand is in it.

I'm excited because we're going to go and see a lighthouse after we eat lunch today, and I love lighthouses, so that will be amazing. I am really really glad to hear that Brother Kemp is doing better...miracles happen in every day, even in the midst of tragedy. And it takes faith for the miracle to happen, and sometimes faith to see the miracle, but it is always there.

But I love you all so so very much, and I pray for you always and can feel your prayers for me. Thank you. Have a great and amazing week, and I'll write next week about the amazing things happening in Romania.

It's still really cool to say that I'm in Romania. The language is coming along and getting better every day, even if I don't recognize it. There are still times when I finish talking to someone on the street or finish a lesson or even just on the phone, and once it's done I think, "Wow. I just had a conversation in Romanian with someone who doesn't speak English... Crazy." and then I laugh and think, "Well, of course I did, I am living in Romania, silly!" and its just a funny realization that comes slightly often, if that even makes sense.

But things are good...keep up the good work! ... and have fun!

ps. congrats Austin!!! (on his engagement) I'm so excited for you!

Love you all,

Always, --Sora Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment