Monday, November 9, 2009

open arms

This is a picture of Sora Kiriyama and myself with an American family that was in our branch. They have left to go home, but their kids were all so cute! I forgot how much I love little kids. The little girl in the pink dress is Olivia. She really reminded me of my sister, Tamara.



Here is a picture of the fall colors near Simiu. They were so beautiful!
Hey everybody! How are you all doing? I'm doing great.
This week was a good week. We are seeing progress, even if the progress isn't going as fast as I want it. But when we are doing all that we can to help the people, God helps us to move forward in His work. We are hoping to give Ivanka a baptismal date today, and hopefully at the end of the week if the opportunity shows itself to be a good one. He's progressing slower on his own pace, but it's been neat to see the progression he has made in a short time to the extent of just being happier. (When we found him, he was a generally depressed person.) But reading the Book of Mormon changes lives. It's neat.
I really enjoyed zone conference, it was good to learn more about how we need to focus on these people individually, which we have been trying to apply this week, and it's been going well. Elder Shute from the 70 and his wife came and taught us about how the Savior focuses on each one, and how as his servants, that is what he asks us to do, too. You help each person to feel the individual love of God for them. You help the each person understand what he or she can do to have a happier life through the gospel and atonement of Jesus christ. You help each individual come to Christ through the waters of baptism. Here in Romania, where the effects of communism are so great, they are used to having tunnel vision for the masses where they as an individual don't matter. So when you tell them that God loves them, they say "of course, he loves everyone" and you try to help them understand that he loves them individually. It's hard sometimes, but it is something that brings about great miracles when they understand.
I know that God loves each of us individually and that Christ knows us individually, and His arms are open to each of us personally if we would only turn to him and allow him to heal us. He promises us that he will heal all those who will come (3 Nephi 17). It is a promise that I know that He keeps.
Anyways, the weather is slowly getting colder and colder, but it's ok. It will also get randomly warm like today where I'm not wearing 50 layers, but am ok with just a jacket. But when it is cold outside, we're still doing ok, still working, and people are still listening to us. It's so fun to have someone actually listen to what we are testifying about, and even neater when they are willing to put what we say into practice in their own life to find out for themselves if it is true. And it is true.
All is well, things are good, I don't have too many exciting stories this week and I'm sorry, but next week will be better. It helps when you're actually in your city for the whole week. Being gone for 2 days really does kill alot. But it's good!
Anyways, I love you all so so very much! And I hope that all is going well.
ttyl! --Sora Karina
ps. Brother Kemp, I hear that you are under the weather. Ok, well maybe that's an understatement. But I hope that you are doing ok for what you can. I want you to know that the atonement of Jesus Christ is something very special to me. Through it, I know that my Savior knows me and my pains and my questions, my doubts and my fears. It also means that there is always someone there looking forward to the time when it will all be better. God has a vision for us, and it is the vision of a loving Heavenly Father who wants only our happiness and exaltation. He understands that we find that happiness as we are able to overcome the trials and hardships of life with faith in His Son. He is there helping you along and as we strive to live faithfully so that we can receive the promises, those promises of joy and glory will come to pass. I know that you are doing great, and I know that Christ is there with you every step of the way. He has to be, not only out of His love for you, but also because of the many prayers, mine included, that are uttered daily from the hearts of those who love you. I hope that you are able to have a great day and find something to smile about. I find that even when nothing is going for you, a smile will always help. Have a smile, and tell your family that I say Hi and I love you all!
ps. sora thompson, pot sa am adresa ta? Am realizat ca nu am si ar fi mai bine sa-ti scriu in loc de email. si ma bucur ca esti fericita, asa trebuie sa fie! Te iubesc!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment