Monday, March 30, 2009

Last letter from MTC

We were able to watch the Draper Temple Dedication by satellite, where we had roughly 5,000 missionaries in one room watching it, and joining in the Hosana Shout which was an amazing thing to behold. It's so cool that we are going out into the far reaches of the world to proclaim Hosana's and to teach the truth to all that would hear that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is restored to the earth, that God lives, and that Families can be together forever if we would just follow the pattern God has given us to live. What an amazing promise, and I am so grateful for that promise. It was neat too, that Pres. Monson said the dedicatory prayer, and in it he blessed the missionaries. I know that the Prophet prays for us, but to hear him say it himself was so special.

But he also prayed for all of you...for the youth of the church, for the families of the world who are striving to raise the standard of truth in their homes and communities. And that is you. I am so blessed to be a part of such an amazing family.

Story number 2 is about a devotional that we went to on Tuesday with Elder and Sister Johnson from the 70. It was amazing and just so full of life. He said that he leaps out of bed every morning because of the knowledge of the gospel, and that when someone knows that they are a child of God, their lives will change. Teach that to your friends and all you meet. I invite each of you to invite at least one friend to General Conference and tell them that they will learn a truth that they have been trying to find. Pray for them to feel the spirit, and their answer will be there. He also said that "you can't get burned out in the work and service of God, only fired up!" and it is so true. THis work is amazing, and the greatest joy is in it. You don't have to be where I am to be involved. Just live so that the Spirit is with you always and you can have these experiences at any time because you are worthy and the Lord will shape you into His servant that He needs to help His children. It's so neat. I love seeing the Lord's hand in everything in my life. And it was there all along, I just didn't look for it all the time like I am now. Don't miss the opportunity to see how He blesses your life.

Ok now funny story that my teacher Fratele Sperry told us from when he was on his mission in Romania. He was tracting with his companion, and they weren't having any success until one really fat mat opened the door and let them in right away. It soon became aparent that he was drunk, and they wanted to leave, so they left a short message with him and were about to go when the man stopped them and asked if anyone ever kissed their name tags like people do with the Priest's rings in the Catholic church. Obviously not, but this man wanted to and Fratele Sperry is stuck on the couch when this man starts to fall on top of him to kiss his name tag and the first thing he could think of was to take his bible and thrust it into this mans throat and throw him down on the ground (so he totally cholked a man with his bible) and he and his companion booked it out of there, and on the landing of the appartment his companion completely flipped backwards on black ice where they then noticed a large mass from the opposite direction charging them (it was not human) and it turned out to be an unsheared sheep that they had to run away from! Crazy stuff...we were laughing soooo hard!

But I love you all so very much, and I am excited to talk to you on Monday...I would like to call Cherisse too if I can if she doesn't have classes during my connection, so figure that out with her, and you can just tell me on the phone k? Oh, and I'll be sending a package home of stuff that I don't need and pictures (promis the pics are coming).

I love you! Have an amazing day! ps. Shaley, you look amazing without braces!!! And I loved all the pictures you put on my camera! Thank you so much you are all beautiful in them! I love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Two posts in one day. Karina sounds so excited to finally be going to Romania. I loved the story about the sheep. Yesterday I saw a woman carrying a sheep on her back in the lliclas (carrying cloths) that they use here. I sure wish I had my camera with me.

    ReplyDelete